Kate from Ignorance Was Bliss joins the Relic dinnertable for a six-course-meal of mystery! In this episode we dig into a few unsolved topics concerning food, such as:
– Did bad bread lead to the Salem Witch Trials?
– Does artificial banana flavoring taste like how real bananas used to taste like?
– What the heck is a sugarplum anyway?
– What was the ancient seasoning and herb Silphium, and what happened to it?
– What are the origins of red velvet cake?
– Does a legendary fruit resembling women grow in the jungles of Thailand?
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | RSS | More